The Friends of Bells Bend Park are proud to present our Autumn Farm Day. This Year's festivities will include all of our past traditions: farm animals, hay rides, demonstrations, KidsZone, antique tractors, local vendors and local BBQ. This event is free to the public.
Old Time Fiddle and Banjo contests with cash prizes, shade tree pickin'
We encourage all, young and old, to join us on October 14th for this full day of Fall Festivities and good ol' Middle Tennessee Old Time Music.
9:30am — The festivities will begin (children's workshops, vendors, tractors, local pickers, etc)
1pm — Fiddle and banjo contest preliminaries
3pm — Fiddle and Banjo Finals
4pm — Closing performance
Fiddle and Banjo Prizes:
1st — $150
2nd — $100
3rd — $75
Rules and Regulations:
1. Each contestant must play two tunes appropriate for the category entered.
a. Selections must be traditional and true to the styles of old time American string music
b. Medley-style tunes are not allowed
c. No showboating
2. Each contestant may play alone or with accompaniment of choice
3. No electric instruments are allowed.
4. Contestants must play the correct instrument for their category.
5. In case of a broken string, the contestant may replay.
6. Judging will be based on intonation, timing, difficulty of selection, technical proficiency, danceability and tune selection.
7. In the event of a tie, the judges are permittted to ask the tied contestants to each play an additional tune to aid in final decision.
8. Three judges will independently score contestants. The total combined score from all three judges will decide the winner.
a. Contestants will not be given score sheets.
b. Judges’ decisions are final
For further information regarding the contest, contact Casy Meikle at: [email protected]